27 May 2007

"Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnsssssss"

I love console "classics" ranges; come to the game late, get it cheaper.

I picked up Dead Rising the other day and, frustrating and tough as it has proved, running around a mall saving people, shooting psychos and slaughtering the shambling dead in myriad amusing, brutal and interesting ways is dead good fun.

The comedic tone is set when the zombies manage to get into the mall when an old lady cannot bear to leave her poodle outside the barricade, thus dooming herself and several others. Oh how I chuckled, even as I struggle to actually progress.

I've also finally acquired Microsoft Points and bought Catan (an electronic adaptation of the Settlers of Catan boardgame). Much fun, even though I've yet to play against a thinking opponent.

No comments: